Customer of the Month (CotM) was a monthly award for 95 Degrees members that was awarded by the Staff team at the beginning of each month. This award recognised a member's contribution to the server over the past month or more. While there were no formal benchmarks for receiving nominations, members were usually discussed and selected as Customer of the Month based on one or many factors, including:
- Text/Voice Channel activity
- Embodying community spirit
- Being a core member of the community over a long period
Earning this award would give you the hoisted Customer of the Month role which allowed you to appear separately on the member list with a colour of your choice. While the 95 Degrees Podcast was running, the Customer of the Month was also invited to speak along with the staff and the Podcasters.
- There were two rules regarding members who would not be eligible for consideration as Customer of the Month. Firstly, no member who had been awarded CotM in the past would be eligible for the award again. Secondly, current members of the staff team were not eligible for the award. However, these rules were both eventually broken:
- Ry was awarded Customer of the Month for the second time in June 2019, in a show of support after ostensibly recovering from a coma.
- Swati was awarded Customer of the Month while being an active staff member. There was a lack of any clear candidate from outside the staff team while Swati easily met the other criteria.
- Slots for custom emotes were very limited in number in the past. However, earning the Customer of the Month award would guarantee you a permanent custom emoji slot in 95 Degrees.